Saturday, December 07, 2013

Opening in Red Bank



Tonight was the opening for the current shows at Art Alliance of Monmouth's gallery in Red Bank.   During the day I took care of one last task, creating an artist statement and bio, along with a typed price list.  The statement/bio was mounted on a standing piece of foam core for window display.  Left for the reception a little later than I wanted to, but I made good time and once again was lucky to find a spot down the block from the gallery, maybe 3 or 4 cars away from where I parked on Wednesday.  The day was chilly and the night was getting colder, so I was glad to get inside, arriving a few minutes before the official 6:00 pm start time.


The main show in the gallery is their annual 100 Square Inches show, all small works.  (I was in the versions that ran in 1996 and 1997)  There were about 90 pieces total, from about 40 artists, all gallery members.  Early on there were few people I knew, though I recognized a few who were around this past Wednesday when I came to hang my show.  Eventually a few old critique friends showed up, people who I knew had a connection to the gallery, and in this case had works in the main show.  Saw a few other people I know from Belmar.  Don't know the total attendance, but at any given time there were at least 50 or 60 people there.


As in Belmar, as the reception continued more and more people had migrated to the back room, which is where the refreshment table was, along with live music entertainment.  People who knew who I was had a lot of technical questions, and some connected with running Art Alliance expressed interest in the idea of possibly trying a print class there.  Scheduling may be tricky (they already run a lot of classes), but I'm open to the idea if we can work it out.


My window display, and the small works show within, remain in the gallery through January 2, 2014.  Admission is free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home