Friday, June 06, 2014

Bd James Strepar part 9




I decided to go up to the Studio this afternoon and start thinking about the coloring.  I started by taping the first proof to a drawing board, so it will be properly stretched for coloring.  It was at this point that I discovered that I didn't have the actual geographic map of the region with me, I can easily recognize the border of Galicia, but there are a lot of other lines on the map, and it can get confusing.  So I took care of some color questions first.  The Four Color Theorem tells us that four colors is enough to color any map, and looking at the calendar with the vintage maps, I decided to go with the four used there.  Used a piece of scrap paper to try out the process, painting narrow borders of the full strength color, then drew some of the color into the middle of the shape.  It looks like that will work.  Now I just have to remember to bring the actual map with me next time and I'll be all set.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home