Saturday, August 26, 2017


A lot of being an artist is taking care of the little tasks that have to be done.  Dealt with a few such things today.

Since my last posting I solved the mystery of what happened to my piece in Ocean Grove.  When I went to the account I use to e-mail the building, I found I had an e-mail waiting for me with the explanation.  As had been suggested, due to construction in that hallway they took those works down a few weeks early, and they should be in storage up on the 3rd floor.  Since I couldn't be back during the day for the rest of the week (work conflicts), I asked if I could pick it up on Saturday, and a reply e-mail the next day told me who to see and when.   And with today being Saturday... I got there in the noon hour, found my contact, we took the elevator up to the 3rd floor and he gave me my framed piece.  Took it right to my car.

On my way home I stopped in Belmar.  I had concluded that the most logical way to color my mermaid piece would be to use relief ink, since I have many colors and it is designed to be on wood. Don't need it yet (more sanding to come), but Saturday is the one day that I don't work and that they are open, so I decided to get it today.  Just took the whole tote bag of water based color inks with me. Later I will decide which colors I need for this project and return the rest to my storage bin at the BAC.


Post a Comment

<< Home