Monday, December 03, 2018

St Dwynwen part 5


Been a while since I worked on this block, started in late spring of this year.  (details are covered in posts on this blog from this past February and April) This was always intended as my contribution to the East Meets West print show, and with that exhibition being pushed back, the cutting of the block was not a priority.  But now that show has taken its place as the next one on my schedule.  Still months away, but those will likely be busy months, and while this medium-small block shouldn't take long to cut, I decided it's a good time to get this business going.


No changes made to the block drawing since early this year.  The one problem I had today was that I thought the bag I grabbed included my cutting tools, but it only had the student tools I use with my woodcut classes.  These are decent tools, and had been checked and sharpened before the last class, but at best they are not going to be as good as my personal set.  Still, I was able to get a start on the project and am confident it will all be done in plenty of time for the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home