Wednesday, January 16, 2019

St Dwynwen part 13


Back to work in the Studio, picking up where I left off yesterday.  I continued coloring the stretched copy of the St Dwynwen print, based on the colors used in my first color experiments on the first printed proof.

Got out all the paints today.  I had taken the precaution of writing down the colors that went into the brass color in my first proof experiments, which likely save me a lot of time.  The blades were a simple gray from black and white, also used in the center of the wagon wheel.  The spokes were from one of the colors I used yesterday, and the wheel and hub are a burnt sienna, not quite as dark as the first version, but still different from all the other browns in the image.   Put the red in the hearts so I could see the balance there now.  I used my blurred practice proof to experiment with a pale color for the whole card.  When I see how that looks when it has dried, I'll know if I want to try it on one of the good proofs. I like this particular color palette so far.  Haven't touched the other Rives proof yet, but assuming I am satisfied with the final colors on this one, it will just be a copy and go pretty fast.  We have some storms expected to arrive starting tomorrow night and possibly continuing into next week, so I'd like to get this done soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home