Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Table Factory Preparations



Made a quick trip up to the Studio today.  Hoped to see Nichole and get information regarding the removal of the big East Meets West print show.  It's scheduled to end on Friday, and I had offered to help with taking the show down.  Not sure what day that will be.  I figure she's in charge of such things, and will probably know.  But she wasn't there when I was there in the afternoon.  Maybe I'll send an e-mail to East Coast Mary tomorrow.  Taking the show down should not be too difficult, and they might be able to get it done without my help, but if I'm available I will likely join them.  If for no other reason, to pick up all the prints I have in the show.

The other reason I went up there today was to check into what goes into making my work tables.  The building may want some to use for classes (including mine) so I need to come up with a cost, which will be based on a combination of labor and materials.  When Molly and I first took possession of the space, I spent a few months building lots of furniture, but I no longer have the plans I created for that purpose.  The simplest way to figure all that again is to look at the tables themselves, so that is what I did today.  Made a list of all the parts- the number and lengths of 2"x4" boards, the types of hardware,  the plywood tabletop.  I will price all those items (expect to get it off the internet), add in a reasonable amount for labor, and then pass that on to Nichole.  If the building wants them, she can arrange for the materials to be delivered and then I just need to build them.  Back when I made these things I had a pickup truck; my current vehicle can't transport the large wood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home