Sunday, May 10, 2020

The Big Premier


I had a few people come up to me, one at a supermarket, and tell me how they had seen me (or photos of me) at a big film premier in Belmar, including having my footprints immortalized as cement prints, as in the Hollywood tradition.  I was curious as to how this information was being seen.  Then I woke up and realized that it hadn't happened, but was just a dream. Actually some of it happened- I made a digital video film and it premiered in Belmar, but that was back in 2010, and no imprints were made in wet cement. We learned how to mix and cast cement there in Belmar for a big project done a few years earlier, mix and match sea creatures for a beach installation, but that had nothing to do with any films. I think this was brought on by something I had seen recently on television- the cable system has a lot of stations that specialize in showing old reruns, and thanks to he current pandemic, we are all spending a lot of time indoors watching cable tv. In the episode, which dated from about the time I was born, had a local movie theater saved from closing when a planned movie premier for an old silent film finally happened, decades after the movie was released everywhere, complete with wet cement ceremonies and some of the original (now quite old) actors.

I have made a few digital films, and at times have thought about posting them online, but never got around to it.  Recently I have been in touch with a former student who had a lot of videos online- she may know something about the process, but that's not why we've been communicating.  Probably I'd talk to my usual computer consultant first, but obviously this has never been a priority for me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home