Thursday, October 07, 2021

Fever Dream part 12

 Another really nice day today, and nowhere I had to be, so a day to be in the Studio.  One issue I found is that the light outside my usual Studio door (yellow path hallway) was not functioning, so I used the other door, which was better lit.  Have keys for both.  Left my books of discs at home and went with discs I kept there, and today that was Toshi Reagon The Righteous Ones.  I wrote about it back in August of this year if you want to know more about it.  I had seen Nichole's car outside, but she was out of the office, so I decided to come back.

One thing that stopped me last time was that I didn't have a really small gouge with me, though luckily I have a whole block to work on, so I could use other tools as appropriate.  But I knew I had some smaller gouges at home, and packed them this time.  Had my block with me, as well as my new bottle of glue.  

As the music played, I continued on the left hand side of the block.  I did the padded studio chair first, which looked good.  Did a little bit around the Entemann's shelves, including some redrawing of parts.  Long way to go, but it's coming along.  I decided to add something, some hanging hoses, near the top of the escalator.  Not from a dream, but from a real scene- I had decided to go to the special clearance sale at a closed department store at the soon to be demolished Seaview Square Mall, just down the hill from where I worked at the time.  However there was not much for sale in the space, and the store was pretty much a wreck, with hoses and wires hanging down, and a sagging ceiling- the place looking a lot worse than it should have after being closed and empty for just a few years.  Since my dreams are sometimes set in stores that seem like they've been closed, it made sense.  If I don't like the results, I can always cut them out later.  Got some of this cut, but ended up having to glue some things, so set it aside for a while.

Tried the office again, but Nichole still wasn't there- maybe up on the 2nd I was told.  Took the elevator up there, but found no one.  Back to the basement, where I packed up my stuff.  Then I heard a familiar voice near the elevator and sure enough, she was there, pushing a shopping cart full of cleaning supplies.  I gave her an update on my legal situation, since she had some influence on it.  She went off to continue her cleaning, and I went back to packing up my stuff, and locking up.  By the tine I remembered the light bulb problem, she was gone.  So I finished and left, making the decision to go out through the front door, so I could remove my hanging tag.  Then I saw her up on the 1st floor,  so I got to hit her with that problem.  She said it wasn't really not functioning, but had been rewired to a new toggle switch. I didn't feel like going back downstairs, so I'll investigate that next time.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home