Thursday, May 26, 2022

Making a Living part 10


This morning I had to drive my father to bocce, so by 10:30 I had done my required things and decided just to go up to my Studio.  My original plan was to call in an order of watercolors in the morning, but before I could do that I got a call from my health insurance provider, with a whole lot of questions about my activities over the past year and a half.   I had gotten this call from them also last week, so I knew this was something I had to deal with.  As a result, I was somewhat distracted, and forgot to grab my backpack and a book of discs, so I was just listening to discs I have up there already, which isn't many.  

I saw Nichole's car there in the parking lot when I arrived, so I stopped by the office first to talk to her about my classes and such.  Meanwhile, I had a few discs up there that I like, so I put them on.  You've read about them here before- Toshi Reagon"s The Righteous Ones, and Bob Marley and the Wailers Babylon By Bus. These would last long enough to get some coloring done.  

I did have my available water color paints with me, but there are colors I just don't have, which is why I need to get more.  I work on both proofs I have at the same time, so the same colors fill out places in both. What is left- I was able to do some hair, some skin, some prize stuffed animals, touch up some architecture that I had previously colored.  But that's about it.  The three biggest colors I need are a bright and dense yellow and red, plus whatever the brown is in the shaded areas of the boardwalk.  I do know I don't have it right now.  Another thing I realized I needed was a cool dark brown, like a burnt umber, so maybe it's for the best I didn't call in the order this morning.  I had something to add to it.  So far so good, it's just that I can't do much more until I get more paint.  

I left around 1 pm, wanting to stay away from the supermarket during the noon hour, but I did have to stop and pick up a few things.  Got that done, went home, and had lunch, then watched some things saved on the DVR before everyone else got home and took over the television.  I looked at the new color I needed to add, wrote down the code, and called the place I have a gift card for.  Took care of that, those paints expected to arrive in about a week.  Can't do much about this particular piece until then, so next time I go in, I have to work on something else.  Not a problem.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home