Friday, June 24, 2022

Making a Living part 18

 


Hadn't planned to go to the Studio today, but I had time to kill, and I figured that if I took care of the touch up stuff this week, I could go ahead and inform my patron that the piece is ready, and maybe I can meet with her next week to exchange with her, plus I hear she's the person to talk to about any late summer classes.  Just had to wait for my parents to come back from the day's shopping trip. But I had lunch in the meantime and got everything ready.

In the early afternoon I drove up to Ocean Grove.  Still no one in authority in the office, so I ended up going to my Studio to work.  When I left yesterday, there wasn't much left to do on these, but after careful examination, I found a few untouched areas I could add some color to.   Repainted a few spots as well, covering some stray marks, and bits of color that had oozed through the back.  I think that it's done, so I hung them back up on my wall tack board to dry.  There are slight differences between the two copies, but nothing more than one might expect with hand colored fairly large works.  The image above is a photo of the original, but the colors match so well, it may as well be a copy from the original printing.  So what you see above is pretty much what the new ones look like.  When I go up next week, I'll put the titles on, and then let my purchaser decide which one she wants.   That one will be part of the edition, and the other will probably be an artist proof, but good enough to make future copies from.

For music today I went with my Wipers compilation disc, created for Texas, but part of my Studio music collection for many years now.  I wrote about this previously in early July 2019, should you want to know more about them.   My reason for choosing this was because I had gotten the alumni magazine for Montclair State yesterday, and there was not one, but two articles about current shows at WMSC, the radio station there, and a place that I had a show for most of my time at the college.  As at my other schools, the shows I did there were blues, but I don't have access to any of those tapes right now.   However, it was there that I was first exposed to the music of the Wipers, and while there that I started buying the albums at a local mall record store.  Can't do that any more, for a variety of reasons.  But at least I did get most of the albums, and I do have my favorites on this disc I can listen to, which I do associate with my time at Montclair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home