Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day

We're officially about 2 months into winter, but had yet to have a real snow storm around my neighborhood. That changed today. A snow came in overnight, and by early morning had deposited 3 or 4 inches, with more to come. It eventually stopped by late morning and started changing over to rain, but by then we had several inches of wet snow and my employer of the day had cancelled work. Other than eventually clearing my walk, I had no real reason to venture outside the house, and plenty to keep my busy inside.

One task was to request my panel comments/scores from the recent fellowship competition. Earlier in the week I had received my official letter, which contained contact information to request it. Decided to try the e-mail route first. Sent it off in the early afternoon. To my surprise, I got a response within hours. Also surprising- I was told that there were no recorded comments to go with my application (they've always been available in the past). Even more surprising- she did give me my final score and the number was the lowest I've ever gotten, even though this is the strongest group of images I've ever submitted to one of these things. Makes me really wish I had the comments to know what they were thinking.

I spent a good part of the day working on the second copy of the tower print. This was the copy I had brought to the gallery last Sunday. I had never gotten it (or my watercolors) back to the Studio, so I could continue working on it without having to brave potentially icy roads. Made great progress, finishing pretty much all the warm colors, and starting to work on the neutrals. I may get this one done in time to be the copy that goes into the show next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home