Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Global Footprints Prospectus

The Printmaking Council of New Jersey will be having an open members show this summer, called Global Footprints. All members are invited to contribute an artwork relating to people's effects on nature: use of land and water, pollution, endanged species, global warming, preserving wilderness, etc. Work can be any print related process, photography, digital, papermaking, or book arts. All work must be delivered by June 7, and the opening reception will be Saturday, June 14th. The show remains up until early August, then will travel to at least two other locations. To find out all the specifications, check out the online prospectus. If you're not a member, but are interested in the environment and printmaking, you can join the organization on the same entry form and be part of the show.

In my case, it's an area of interest and I have done work in the past that could fit this theme, but those works are way to old to be eligible, not to mention having been shown there before. I just learned about this show last night (when my prospectus arrived in the mail), so I have about 2 weeks to create something if I want to be a part of it. I'll give it some thought over the next few days, and if I come up with an interesting idea, I'll get it going in the Studio after the Memorial Day holiday and all the chaos it brings to those of us on the Jersey Shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home