Saturday, June 28, 2008

Food For Thought


Today was the drop off day for the latest juried show at the Belmar Arts Council. It's called "Food For Thought", a theme that includes food and related topics. I had thought about some of my supermarket prints for this one, but since the better ones have already been shown there at the Boatworks, I chose a couple of prints from my Ecclesiastes series. The series is my visual adaptation of the book of Ecclesiastes, taking direct quotes from the Old Testament book and bringing them forth to the 21st century. The top one, called A Few Flies, is my take on the saying about the fly in the ointment. I think that the hot fudge sundae carries the theme better than a jar of ointment. The second is called Money Answers For Everything, which is meant to capture the concept that every feast comes with a hefty bill. The show will be juried over the next few days, but the results may not come for a while, with everything closed down for the holiday next week. I'll have an update sometime before the show opens on July 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home