Friday, June 20, 2008

Business Around Town



Off from work today, but still busy. In the early afternoon I was up in Asbury, distributing mini-prints among some of the people involved in the recent Art Walk, a thank you for all the efforts in getting it done, as well as for including me. The owner of my spot had asked about coffee images, and while I have no large prints on the topic, I realized that I had some related small prints, the inexpensive large edition stuff I sell at holiday sales and such. I gave him some of my coffee themed bookplates, and he bought a mini St Dymphna (May 15) for about what I spent on food and beverage in his shop over that weekend. Left the door open for a future commissioned piece to go with his coffee themed decor. Then down the street to Crybaby Gallery, where Jenn selected a St Cassian of Imola (Aug 13) from among the half dozen options. She was having a good time reading the brief saint stories on the back of each print.

Another important task was getting some new wood. Wanted to take advantage of the truck while I still have it (my next vehicle will be unlikely to handle full 8' x 4' sheets of plywood), and I will need wood for some planned projects over the coming months. The stock was much better for my purposes than what I found on my last visit, so I bought two sheets. As it turned out, I was able to get them cut in half at the store, making them easier to transport and to stash in the Studio, which I did before going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home