Thursday, June 05, 2008

Art Walk in Asbury

Tomorrow is the beginning of the 3 day Tri-City Arts Tour. The cities are the 3 artsy towns of Monmouth- Red Bank, Long Branch, and Asbury Park. I'm involved in the Asbury Park portion, the Walk of Art. There are about 100 artists involved in this activity alone, scattered among more than 30 locations. My work will be on display at America's Cup Coffee Company at 633 Cookman Ave, just 2 blocks from the Studio. I know that I'll be displaying prints from my series "Scenes from the Grand Opening", based on weird things I've seen in supermarkets. I don't know exactly how many yet, something that we'll work out (I'm sharing the space with another artist- Astro Monkey) when we hang it tomorrow. The official hours of the Asbury Park Walk of Art are Friday 5-10 pm, Saturday 12 noon to 10 pm, and Sunday 12 noon to 4 pm, although my location (being a coffee house) should be open by 8 am on the weekend, and many Art Walk locations may still remain open well after the above mentioned hours. General information about the 3 day festival can be found on the Tri-City Arts Tour website, and a map and list of artists for the Asbury Walk can be found online, as well as around town beginning on Friday. I'll add more details as I learn them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home