Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Global Footprints Artwork part 5



I went up to the Studio in the early afternoon. First step was to finish cutting the block, which was mostly cutting out the figures in the center. Took about 90 minutes, being careful. Then I found some paper, in this case some Rives BFK that must be left over from another project. Tore it down into the appropriate size. Then I inked and printed. Because I'm trying to get this done in time for a show coming very soon, I added a little ink drier to my ink, something I generally don't do. The first proof looked good, so I printed two more copies while I had the ink out. So far I like what I'm seeing. I think the composition works, I like the shapes, and I think the colors I have in mind will work. My plan is to color a proof tomorrow between work and the June meeting of the discussion group at 7 pm. If so, I'll have something very fresh to present to the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home