Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Global Footprints Artwork



With all my midwestern relatives back home in their respective states, today I was able to get back into the Studio for the first time in quite a while. Today's focus was on the upcoming Global Footprints show at PCNJ. Last time I wrote I said that I didn't have anything recent that addressed the topic. But I gave it some more thought over the past week or so and realized that maybe I did. Above you see the black and white version of Texas Birds (recently colored version and backstory can be found here ) It would seem to deal with human influence on wildlife. Another such option would be St Eustace, with its reference to hunting animals. Both are in frames, and are small enough to be practical to ship, which these days is a lot cheaper than the gas I would use delivering it myself.
But I'm still wondering if I can come up with something new for the occasion. So in the Studio I spent a few hours skimming news items for inspiration, brainstorming, sketching. I have an idea or two that might work , though everything is still too embryonic for me to mention or show right now. By the end of the week I either need to have at least started a new block, or started making a new custom shipping box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home