Thursday, May 29, 2008

Supermarket Break In

Had a busy afternoon, all taking place after a full day of work at my day job. First I stopped by the Studio briefly, then walked a few blocks into Asbury to get some more details on the upcoming Arts Festival. I had finally heard from my gallery contact a few days ago (some e-mail issues caused the delay) inquiring if I was still in and what they had in mind for my work. I visited the space yesterday, then spoke on the phone to the owner this morning. I passed this information on to the organizer this afternoon and got some details, but I'll save those until next week.

From there, I dropped by the Boatworks to see if a scheduled event was going on. It wasn't. I discussed some upcoming events with our new intern, then moved on. After I got home I realized that I had forgotten to stop for groceries on the way, so I took a walk downtown to pick up what I needed. And in that supermarket, I saw something odd.

I watched an employee move a large ladder down the aisle I was in, and decided I'd better follow that ladder. It was set up behind the customer service counter, where the employee then climbed it and over an adjacent wall, into the manager's office. Apparently the closed door could not be opened from the outside. (locked with the keys inside? broken?) Naturally, I found a scrap of paper and quickly did a basic sketch of the scene (top half) and drew a rough expanded version in a sketchbook when I returned home (bottom half). I need to think about it a bit, see what might be added to the scene to make it potentially more interesting. But it looks like a good possiblity for another supermarket print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home