Sunday, June 01, 2008

Global Footprints Artwork part 3


I went up to the Studio in the afternoon to continue work on the Global Footprints project. In preparation, I had done some research on the internet and around the house, looking for vintage graphics to use on some of the objects. In the Studio I fixed a few of yesterday's items and added a lot more detail. The one reference I realized that I didn't have was the rose that I wanted to put on the container of hand soap. No problem- I just took a walk up Main Street into Ocean Grove and before long found several examples along side the sidewalk. I chose one to sketch right onto the block. The last thing was to put the kids in the middle. I modelled them on the kids from my old Candyland board, but I'll make a few changes when I cut and color them.

With the drawing finished (more or less) I decided to begin cutting the block. I finished the DDT can at the top, the Chlordane bottle on the left, and most of the bug zapper and spray bottle on the right. Tomorrow will be a busy day, but I'll try to get back to the Studio for a while, adjust any part of the drawing that needs fixing, as well as finish the cutting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home