Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Night Street Party




Quite a busy day today. In the morning I framed my new print, which I have titled Pest Free and Carefree, and got it ready to deliver to the Printmaking Council for their upcoming Global Footprints show. Then I contacted the shop owner at America's Cup to verify when I could hang my work. He said anytime, so I gathered some of my favorites from the series and got up to Asbury. I was lucky to find a parking spot just across the street, so I didn't have to carry my stuff far. Ross, the owner, showed me what sections were available, and helped remove the art hanging on those hooks. That left me with eight spots to hang my prints- 5 near the front window and 3 further back on the main wall. The whole thing was up in 10 minutes.

From there a short drive over to the Studio, to fill out the paperwork for the Global Footprints piece. A call to my contact told me that I had to kill a little time before dropping it off, so I went into Ocean Grove to catch up with a BAC group. Then down to Belmar, and dropped off my print, which should arrive early next week in time for hanging.

In the evening I returned to Asbury to check out the opening night of the 3 day Tri-City Arts Tour. The real action is supposed to start tomorrow, but tonight was pretty wild. Some people stopped by my location and seemed to appreciate my work. Saw several people I knew from the area (galleries, friends of the Studio), got to meet the other artist in my space (Joe, a.k.a. Astro Monkey) who had put up several of his cool little color pieces (shown above), and another participant- North Jersey based artist Dahlia Elsayed, who remembered my work from a group show we were in together several years ago. Probably the highlight of the night was the appearance by Brooklyn's Hungry March Band, who brought their infectiously catchy music up Cookman Avenue, and perfomed in front of my location, in the gallery next door, and even in an artist's loft. Eventually Molly turned up and we checked out a few locations together. We both decided to call it a night around 10 pm, but the street was still full of art fans. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon, when the event really gets going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home