Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Supermarket Preacher part 2


In the Studio for several hours this afternoon. First order of business was preparing some wood. I cut up some scrap pieces, and prepared the surfaces with wood filler. The top photo shows some of those pieces in various states of preparation.

Two of the pieces were sanded. On one I drew in the lines for the basic layout of a new saint print and set it aside for another time. On the other I drew in the border for a new supermarket print, then started drawing in the background. This one will be the story of the religious guy leaving messages inside supermarket products. I based the store layout on the rough sketch I produced last month. This is mostly a one point perspective drawing, modified slightly. I put a few examples of products on the shelves, but I decided not to do the rest yet, since I plan to put in a bunch of figures and I don't want to waste time drawing what may be covered up. In any case, it's a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home