Saturday, November 22, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 15

Late last night I turned on my cell phone and found a message from Molly, left hours earlier. She was wondering about a few things, including why I didn't have any work in the new printmaking group show at Crybaby Gallery in Asbury. She assumed I would, since they asked for my contact information, but thought maybe it was because I had so much work out in Iowa. While it's true that much of my best recent work is out in the midwest, the real reason I have nothing in the show is because this phone message was the first I had heard about it.

Anyway, today I took a roundabout trip to the Studio, delayed by a train, detouring a traffic obstruction and a raised drawbridge, and finally arriving at the building only to find the lot jammed full, requiring me to open up the gate and park in the back. (turned out that there were auditions going on for two different shows) But once inside I was able to get to work on the block. Molly was also there, and late in the afternoon we took a break to go into Asbury- her to pick up work from a gallery, me to see the mysterious print show. I was not successful, as the gallery was closed. I'll check it out another time. Still, I made some good progress on the block today, finishing cutting out all the prizes in the top two rows. I expect to finish the rest of the prizes in the left side panel tomorrow, and maybe start on the counter area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home