Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Drive By Press Comes to Union, NJ














Quite a day here in New Jersey today. Light traffic on the Parkway, with people off voting I guess. My afternoon class was devoted to the history of printmaking. But the big excitement was in the evening when Drive By Press came back for their second day of printing at Kean University. The top photo (courtesy of Julie Harris) shows their outdoor set up yesterday, and how they work out of the van. (Click to enlarge) Tonight's event was indoors, in the art department's Printmaking Studio. I brought my whole evening class to the special event. Greg and Drew showed off some of their collection of prints, including passing around prints from a couple of group folios so that all the students could see them up close. They also displayed a huge sewn print/mural piece from the guys at Cannonball. After a break, they brought up a selection of their wood blocks and printed t-shirts for anyone who wanted one. I went for something different, having them put a print on my print shop apron, as seen in the last few photos. I now have the coolest apron in New Jersey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home