Monday, November 03, 2008

On the Way to Iowa

The weekend was a blur of cardboard, bubble wrap and sealing tape, but when all was done, the exhibition was ready to go. Most of the art itself was already framed, but I had to swap out about half a dozen pieces with some in frames already. There will be a few prints getting their first public exhibition. More time was spent putting the final touches on the shipping boxes, including trimming cardboard sheets to be spacers between the bubble wrapped prints. When all was said and done, I had depleted most of my stored supply of corrugated, but this is what I had stored up a lot of it for, and I can get more for the future. I used 109 yards of clear package sealing tape to cover over the paper taped seams, and then to seal the lids shut. The art was packed into 6 cardboard boxes and one mailing tube, which was shipped out this morning, and expected to arrive in Iowa toward the end of the week.

Now that it's on the way, I know that the show will consist of 44 prints- 14 prints each from 3 of my series- Everyman (the saints), Scenes from the Grand Opening (supermarkets), and Ecclesiastes, plus 2 of my large format prints- Employee and A New Year For America. The show will open in the Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery at Upper Iowa University in Fayette a week from Thursday. For more information, go to www.uiu.edu/art

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home