Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Drive By Press in NJ


I drove up the Parkway on this cold, rainy, gray morning. The traffic wasn't as bad as it could be, but still not a great day. But that changed in an instant when I found a flyer in my mailbox about an appearance by Drive By Press, coming right to Kean University. Awesome news. I've known these guys for years, going back to my visiting artist gig at Evil Prints. And I've run across them from time to time at various places where the Outlaw Printmakers gather. The photo above is from their appearance at the 1st Prints Gone Wild Fair in Brooklyn in 2006. Drive By Press will be coming to Kean University in Union, NJ for two days- Monday, Nov 3 from 9:30 to 3:00 and Tuesday Nov 4 from 5:00 to 9:00. The events are open to all. Since I will be teaching there one of those days, I'll be able to see it and bring my class.

And speaking of Prints Gone Wild, the reason that the Drive By Press guys will be in NJ is because they are coming east for the latest edition of Prints Gone Wild. It's in its usual location- Supreme Trading, 213 N. 8th Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, just 2 blocks from the L train. The opening reception/party is on Saturday, Nov 1 from 6pm to midnight, and the fair continues on Sunday, Nov 2 from noon to 6 pm. More than a dozen print studios from around the country will be present, including The Amazing Hancock Bros, Howling Print, Bikini Press International, Sean Star Wars, and many other friends of the Outlaw Printmakers. Tons of cool prints and printed merchandise for sale, and everything under $50. That's some recession-proof art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home