Thursday, October 23, 2008

Belmar Art Aution



Late last week an e-mail came out from the Belmar Arts Council, requesting art donations for the upcoming annual costume party fundraiser. This had been a regular part of this event in the past, but was going to be skipped this year, until popular demand brought it back. Over the weekend, while at the pumpking carving contest, I had told the BAC that I would provide something for the auction. Today I took care of that. Looking through my stock of small prints, I decided to go with a spare copy of Stopping By Jack's, a print done for the School Days group folio. This copy had some minor flaws that kept it out of the official edition, but it's still a quality piece of art. I had picked up a very inexpensive frame on my way to the pumpkin thing, and this morning I cut a mat on my homemade mat cutting machine, put it all together, and dropped it off at the Boatworks.
The silent auction is part of the fundraiser, which will be held at D'jais in Belmar, Saturday October 25th, from 7:30 to closing. With the $30 admission comes hot and cold buffet, 2 drink tickets, access to the silent auction, a series of 50/50 raffles, live music, and more. For more information, or to buy an advance ticket, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home