Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to the Box



Off for the holiday, so I was able to put in a little time in the Studio. I brought back with me all the stuff I worked on in Belmar yesterday, along with some scraps of plywood. When I buy wood for woodcuts, I look for pieces that are smooth with even grain. Sometimes, there will be parts of a board (especially when I buy an 8' x 4' sheet) that are too rough to use for art purposes. I save those scraps for other projects. The irregular piece in the top photo is a remnant from which the good parts had already been removed. I marked out various rectangles and cut them out. (second photo) However, most of today's effort was devoted to taping and gluing the exterior. Cut off a few small pieces, but otherwise it's all the original large box, but now the seams and scored creases are covered with paper tape. Last photo shows where I left things today. Next time I attach the wood pieces inside, and more corrugated spacers, and I'll be all but done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home