Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mural Dedication



I took a break from my Sunday routine of late (getting into the Studio one more time before the work week comes around again) to attend the dedication for the new mural on the north side of the Boatworks. Unlike last year's effort on the south side, I had very little to do with this one. Painted one small section one evening and that was it. I would have been happy to do more, but my work schedule didn't give me much free time when the mural crew was busy. My lack of participation didn't hurt much, as they did a great job and got it done in time for a September dedication. I was told that the idea to include the art historical based figures on the far left came from the musicians and dancers idea I had pitched for last year's mural, so I guess I contributed that way.

As part of the dedication there was a pot luck picnic, live music, and fish printing organized by Sandy Taylor, a longtime friend of the Studio. Photos of all the festivities can be found here on the Belmar Arts Council blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home