Friday, October 03, 2008

Stickball Benefit

Today I finally took care of something I had promised to do a few weeks ago. I had gotten an e-mail from Breanne Trammell, an artist with a lot of printmaking experience and one of my biggest fans. She has gotten involved with a non-profit printmaking center in East Harlem called Stickball Printmedia Arts. The studio has a nice assortment of printmaking equipment, plus some papermaking and digital equipment, all dedicated to local youth programs. Breanne put out a call requesting print donations for an upcoming fundraiser, and I'll donate a piece to such things from time to time. At first I was going to send something small, but I decided to go with a larger piece, the Death on the Highway print that I produced in St Louis a few years back. I still have many copies left, it has brought in good money in previous fundraisers, and I figured it's a good image in the Halloween season. Yesterday I bought a mailing tube and packed it, but didn't have time to send it out. That happened today.

The fundraiser itself will be at the Stickball Printmedia studio, 433 E. 100th St. (near 1st Ave) on Thursday, October 16, from 6:30 to 9 pm. There will be cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, demonstrations of print techniques, as well as prints from students and from professional artists (including Outlaw Printmaking associates Nancy Palmeri and Dennis McNett). The event is to benefit artistic and educational programs at Stickball. More information about the studio and the event is available on their website.

2 Comments:

Blogger Breanne said...

Thanks, Paul!!

7:28 AM  
Blogger arrabbiata said...

Happy to help out. I'm looking forward to hearing how it all turns out.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home