Saturday, November 15, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 12



Before going to the opening in Belmar, I spent a little time at the Studio. Part of it was shooting photos of recent student art, but most of it was spent with my current block. I made the change I had decided after last time- tilting upward the kid's head, as if he's looking at the prizes or wheel. Above you can see a detail, as well as the full drawing as it stands now. I had considered putting more elements in some parts- like the empty space around the wheel, or a pattern on the girls's shirt, but I think that the composition needs some empty spaces, so I'm inclined to leave them blank. Which means I think I'm done with the drawing on this block. Next time I begin cutting it. I also spent a bit of time looking at Japanese woodcuts, thinking about color, but that's a decision I don't have to make for quite a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home