Saturday, November 29, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 18





Back to the Studio this afternoon. Part of that time included some grading and shooting student work, and also a trip to see that print show over at Crybaby. (38 of 96 pieces were giclees, but don't get me started on that) But mostly it was working on the current block. I finished the areas I intend to cut (for now) on the left side panel, and took a pencil rubbing on newsprint (top photo). Although they tend to be a little dark, especially in the areas cut for gray, such things can provide a little clue as to how the image is developing, as long as you know how things will translate to an actual print. For the moment I'm leaving the area at the top and around the wheel black. It's not very Japanese in style, but when in doubt, I'm going to fall back on my own compositional approach. And even if it is a little heavy in this panel, I also have to think about the whole diptych, and the other panel should balance it out. I can always change my mind later and cut some more out of there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home