Monday, December 08, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 21

Today is the birthday of my good friend David Lasky, himself a prolific distributor of birthday greetings on his own blog. In honor of the occasion, I decided to pick up a couple of cupcakes at that bakery down the street from the Studio. Since Dave lives in Seattle, I'd send him a photo and eat his for him. So after work I parked at the building, dropped off the stuff that I had with me since my gallery sitting last Friday, then walked several blocks up the street. The bakery was closed. I walked a few blocks further to a second bakery that also usually has cupcakes, but it was also closed. Went across the street to where there was a sweet shop, thinking there might be something tasty there, but it also had closed. With temperatures in the 20's and the sun going down, I decided I was through wandering in search of baked treats, and walked back to the Studio. Sorry, Dave.

The day was not a total loss, since I did put in an hour plus working on the block (listening to the live album by the band X, a favorite of Dave's), cutting out the countertop on the right side, as well as the kid playing the game. Looks good so far, but after spending a lot of time considering this right side panel over the past few days, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to make significant changes to the signs above the kid. I'll deal with that next time I'm there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home