Sunday, May 17, 2009

ArtWalk on the Boardwalk

Today was the least pleasant weather of the 3 day Tri City Arts festival, but with the rain ending in the morning, I thought I'd still take the trip out to the Asbury boardwalk to check out the events scheduled for that part of town. Although I knew there would be plenty of parking up that way, I decided to leave my vehicle at the Studio and walk. I went straight up Main through Ocean Grove, then turned north at the boardwalk and walked until I crossed into Asbury. First stop was the former carousel house, seen above, where a "vintage flea market" was taking place. Indeed, lots of old stuff, but nothing particularly interesting. I continued down the boardwalk, finding a few official ArtWalk stops along the way, but generally nothing interesting in those places. Two of the better stops were two new art studios that had opened since the last time I ventured as far as the 5th Ave Pavilion- Hot Sand glass blowing and LaPlaca Pottery. Photos of visits to each location by the Belmar Arts Council can be seen here and here. I also took a short walk to Asbury Lanes to check out the Record Swap and Garage Sale, however I lacked the patience to go through all the boxes, especially with my turntable not completely functional at the moment. So I took the long walk back to the Studio. The least interesting art viewing day of the weekend, but at least I got some good exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home