Saturday, May 09, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 24

I brought my color sketches from Thursday to the Studio this afternoon and began coloring the first proof. I did this with the BFK proof, since it's a much heavier paper and can hold up to repeated applications of the watercolor better than the almost transparent Okawara. That's important as I work out a lot of things. Today I started as I usually do, with mostly warm and light colors- skin tones and off whites, yellows, oranges, and reds. I also put a warm tone into all the empty areas to simulate the color of the Okawara and how colors will react against it. (also makes it easier for me to see what's left to color) Generally I like what I see so far, though I'm a little bothered by the pink flower on the right side. It's a common enough color in tattoos, but it doesn't fit with all the other colors right now, and the only color up there so far that has no equivalent on the previous boardwalk print. For now it stays until I finish coloring everything else, but if I don't like the final results I may try to go over it with something a little warmer, or at least change it on the next proof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home