Saturday, April 25, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 18




I had a commitment to a shift of gallery sitting at the Belmar Arts Council this afternoon. My experience told me that at best I might get 4 visitors, and with a near perfect summer day in April this afternoon (sunny, low 80's, no humidity) I figured it might be less than that. Knowing that, I had brought along something to work on- the current block. During the week I had made some enlargements of a tracing of the original arm holding the tattoo needle. The top photo shows the three sizes. After considering all three over the past few days, today I settled on the middle one, 110% size, shortening the arm length a little by moving the hand back about 1/4 inch. I erased the old one and drew in the new one, as seen in the 3rd photo. I'll want to compare it to my photo of Rob again, check the details, but I think the new scale works. After my shift at the Boatworks (for the record, I had 3 visitors) I went up to the Studio where I was mostly dealing with class related work. But I wanted to get in a little cutting today, so I went into the left panel, cutting out the top surface of the table, and part of the customer's back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home