Sunday, April 05, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 12



I went up to the Studio for a few hours this afternoon and got a bit of work done. On the left side panel I spent a bit of time redrawing the little piece of hand seen under the armpit of the customer. I've probably redrawn this a dozen times overall. I'm still not completely satisfied, but this is the best version yet. I don't need to cut it right away, so I can go back to it later. I did cut out all the negative space around the table, however. Then I moved over to the right side panel for the first time, and cut out all the negative space around the 4 tattoo designs across the top, between the panel border and the mandala shapes. Tomorrow is the next meeting of our critique group, so I'll get a reaction to the changes to the block since the last time everyone saw it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lasky said...

Thanks for allowing us to watch this print develop. It's looking really good!

1:42 PM  
Blogger arrabbiata said...

Glad you're enjoying it Dave, though I wish it was going faster. Been pulling back the curtain on the woodcut process since 2007 with this blog, just as you're now doing with your amazing Carter Family comic book project.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home