Saturday, March 28, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 9



I was able to get into the Studio for a few hours in the afternoon. I printed a late arriving student woodblock, then settled into my own work. Got out the tattoo block and my tools. I cut out the outer border of the whole thing, including the space between the panels of the diptych. Then I turned my attention to the left side panel. I cut out the negative space around the dragon and connected pieces (such as bubbles, flowers, etc) to the left and top. Unlike the previous print, this one will include some true negative space, not uncommon in traditional Japanese prints. It's a good start. Next time I think I'll deal with the flowers, and put off all the detail cutting of the dragon itself for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home