Thursday, March 19, 2009

St Joseph's Day



No art being made today, though some related tasks- grading student work, pulling slides, teaching a class. However, today's entry is in honor of St Joseph's Day, always celebrated at Studio Arrabbiata. As is tradition, I went out to my favorite local Italian store and picked up a St Joseph zeppole, examples of which can be seen in the second photo. (I went with the white cannoli cream, not the yellow custard) But as long as I was there, I also bought a favorite sandwich, the Italian Combo. It's a variation on the classic Italian sub, but this one's made with salami, capicola, two kinds of soppressata, provolone, lettuce/tomato/onion, oil and vinegar, and seasonings, all on a sesame seeded roll with a nice crunchy crust. I ate the sandwich for lunch, but it was so filling, I never ate supper, just the zeppole for dessert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home