Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 7




Enjoying my spring break this week. Part of that was being able to get into the Studio on a Tuesday for the first time in a while. A few minutes was devoted to printing a student block from last week, but mostly I was working on the current tattoo block. The first step was moving the artist's arm, the one not holding the needle, further up the customer's back and into next panel. For reference of the arm (complete with tattoos) I was able to use one of the photos I took of Rob at his shop, though it didn't include his hand, so I had to figure that out myself. Into the part of her back vacated by the hand I was able to put in the butterfly tattoo that the actual customer was getting on the day I sketched the scene. Moving the arm cut down slightly the empty interior space. I decided to go with my plan from Sunday for this space, people in the shop. I put in the flash wall in the right panel, filling it with tiny versions of generic common tattoos- birds, tigers, skulls, flowers. On the other side I put in the couple, but larger than in the sketch I made Sunday. I left out the kid with the ice cream cone- not enough space. I also put in the basic boardwalk structure and indications for clouds, water and sand beyond the rail. I'll probably add a smaller figure or two on the boardwalk later. I also put in a few objects in the last remaining space, the top of the right panel. These are more items adapted from Rob's artwork. I'll check it out again in a few days, clean up some details, and if I like it, the cutting starts soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home