Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Results Are In

I dropped by the Boatworks after work this afternoon to find out the results of the jurying for the upcoming 5th Annual Belmar Arts Council Juried Art Show. By rules I could only have one piece accepted, so by submitting two I knew that I'd have to pick up something. I was just hoping it would be one rejection and not two. When I arrived I found my name on the accepted list, and the one that was accepted was the piece above. The print is called Icon. It's not a new piece (it was made in 1997, and is itself a smaller reworking of a print from 1995, which was partly based on a painting I did in 1989), and I think (based on an old entry tag taped to the back) it may have been rejected from one of these BAC shows previously, that one piece accepted rule. But it's a quality print, it's never been shown there before, and I thought it would make a good alternative to the brightly colored piece that was my other entry. The juror seems to have liked it (and half the artists who submitted work didn't get anything into the show) so I guess including it was a good decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home