Thursday, April 23, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 17





Up at the Studio in the afternoon, I went back to work on the tattoo block. I spent a little time on the table edge, mostly in the left panel. (top photo) At first I expected to just cut out the shape and use color to show the plane change, but I decided I could use a little more texture there, with so much above. Spent most of my time there cutting out the mandala shapes on the right panel. (middle photo) Looks good. Before leaving I took care of one other thing. Last time I was there I had done a tracing of the questioned arm, and a few days ago I made some photocopied enlargements (from 105% to 115%). Cut those out today and tried them out in place of the original, as seen in the last photo. I'll think about if for a few days, and decide if one of these enlargements will be the guide for making a change in my drawing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home