Monday, May 11, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 26



On the way home from school this afternoon I stopped by the Studio to do some more work on the color proof I started over the weekend. One of the things I considered after yesterday's session was to balance the color by changing the customer's pants to green. To test this theory, I cut out a piece of scrap paper to the shape of the pants, colored it green, and stuck it to the proof with some tape. Results seen in the top photo. Okay, definitely not the way to go. So I went with option B, change the dragon to blue. I did that, along with lightening the water and bubbles, and lightening the flowers (accomplished with layers of white plus other appropriate colors) and some other minor adjustments. Second photo shows the results. Definitely an improvement. Made one more significant change- now that the lowest flower on the right was much lighter in color, I made the customer's hair darker to help it separate from the background. The third photo shows were I ended work today. I wouldn't say that it's finished (still not sure what I'm doing with the table), and the exact shades of the new colors has to be worked out, but I feel this is the right direction and that I know enough to start on the first real proof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home