Monday, August 10, 2009

Upcoming Belmar Events

Took care of a few things relating to upcoming Belmar Arts Council events. I had gotten another request for specific details of what I'd be providing to the silent art auction at the big wine tasting evening in a couple of weeks. I decided to go with the skeeball fragment, which is similar to the detail shown above. (a few colors are different, but it's essentially the same print) So I cut a little window mat and framed it in a small ready made frame that had held another small print that hadn't sold in previous attempts.

Another task for today was promoting next month's exhibition at the Boatworks, "The Innermost Limits of Pure Stroke". The theme of the exhibition is surfing. (I'm assuming that the show title has some relevance to the surfing world, but the reference is lost on me) I'm going to sit this one out, but I figured I'd do my part by spreading the word to people who might have something to show but probably were unaware of it. I thought of two such artists in the area and contacted them- one by phone, the other by e-mail. Neither were aware of the show and both expressed an interest in participating, so mission accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home