Sunday, December 20, 2009

You Move Sixteen Tons...

Snow arrived early yesterday morning and near as I can tell fell for almost 24 hours. When I got up this morning it was finally done, but left behind was a solid two feet of snow, with drifts 2 or 3 times that high in spots. I put in two hours clearing my front steps and walk, my driveway as far as the street, and cut a trench between the two. However no plow came by, so my efforts ended in deep snowbanks. Finally the plows and a bulldozer came through in the evening and cleared most of the width of my street, leaving me with still about six feet or so of packed snow to clear if I want to use that street.

The result of all this weather is that I didn't get up to the Studio this weekend. The biggest impact of this is that I still haven't completed my annual Christmas card. Luckily I found a suitable scrap of plywood in my basement and at least got the drawing part done, but it won't get cut, much less printed, until I get to where my tools are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home