Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Under Construction


It's been about a year since I had my last solo show up, which required me to devote a few weeks to building boxes to get all that art safely to the gallery in Iowa. Now I have to send a few more prints to Iowa, a couple of unframed pieces requested by my contact out there. That means one more box. A smaller one this time, more flat than cube. I have some large pieces of lauan that are very warped, too much to ever use for a large block, but smaller pieces of it are not so curved that I can't find uses for them in art or construction. Cut off a few such pieces and set them aside. Then I cut out the box parts from a sheet of cardboard. Almost out of wood glue, but I was able to squeeze out enough to put it all together. Some paper tape rounds out the package. Results are below. That top flap will be trimmed to fit, and some sealing tape will add some extra protection.

At times while glue and paper tape were drying I put in some time working on a basic compositional sketch for the next boardwalk print. I'll save the details until I'm ready to start the block drawing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home