Saturday, November 21, 2009

More Boardwalk Food

I got up to the Studio for a few hours this afternoon. I had planned to spend the whole time coloring the 3rd copy of the Boardwalk Food print, but looking at it I realized I still needed to print the "zeppole" on the signboard. I made a few more cuts to the small linoleum piece that contains the word, inked it, and printed it in its place. Looks good. Used water-based ink, to save time and so that it would dry quickly. Meanwhile, I used watercolor in other parts of the print, putting in all the pale yellow and light ochre color. I could have gone on to a third color, but I wanted to leave time for a quick trip to Asbury to check out a new gallery show, and still get down to Belmar for the Small Treasures reception. A couple of more sessions next week will finish this copy off and I can officially move on to the next project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home