Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting My Hands Dirty



It's been one of those days when I just can't quite get my hands clean. First I helped two classes worth of students print their collagraph projects, and by the end of the the day I had a residue of black ink on many of my fingers. I was home just long enough to have a quick bowl of spaghetti all'arrabbiata , then up to Belmar for the latest meeting of the figure group. (saw my two framed Small Treasures pieces hanging up) When the whole ceiling was removed as part of the new roof project, an improved lighting system was installed in the back room. A big improvement. With the compressed charcoal I favor for this purpose, my hands quickly got much dirtier. Did three 30 minute drawings, all of which had some merit. The somewhat expressionistic one above was my last of the night, and probably my favorite. The model liked this one, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home