Sunday, November 08, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 26

Continued the gradual coloring of this first proof, working with a variety of colors. My choices so far have largely been guided by the actual colors of the items and locations my print is based on. Don't know if I'll be able to stick with that all the way through the process. If my goal was to reproduce a specific actual location I'd be stuck with the actual local colors, and the exterior design of individual businesses on the boardwalk are created to draw maximum attention, not provide an aesthetically pleasing experience. I'm happy to break with reality if it will result in a nicer print. The colors used so far reflect one significant change from the original source- I went with a pale green on the bar/restaurant on the far right, rather than the pink and rose tones found on the building that inspired it. Put in some base skin tones on all the figures, some of which may be tweaked later. Lots of pink on the cotton candy eater, representing the outfit worn by my model. If it proves to be too much, I may have to adjust something there. And I already know that I have to do something with all that gray on the foreground grill- it's too heavy and needs to be broken up a bit. Lots more in the image I haven't even thought about yet. The purpose of this first proof is to work it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home