Thursday, October 29, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 22


Had a good day in the Studio this afternoon- put in almost 4 hours and brought the block near to the end of the cutting process. Today's focus was the figures (human and avian), cutting out all skin, hair, and items (food) held in hands. I did not cut clothing, except for the all white worn by the employees of the pizzeria. I did this because I planned to take a rubbing of the whole block afterwards and I wanted to consider the balance of light and dark throughout the composition. Most of the clothing will be cut out later, and I'll be considering the values of the various colors in choosing how to color the print. Below is the rubbing I took of the block at the end of the day. Not exactly how the print would look- the rubbing process picks up a lot of extra stuff and the lines tend to look thicker- but it gives a good idea of what to expect in the black and white proof.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home