Sunday, October 25, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 20


When I first arrived at the Studio this afternoon I called Molly with some assorted business related stuff. Later in our conversation I gave her an update on the block cutting and mentioned my spelling problem from yesterday. She agreed that my best solution would be to remove the word from this block and add it back from another. So shortly after I hung up with her I got a gouge and erased the evidence of my mistake, as can be seen above.

Most of the session was spent more productively. I made a few last adjustments to the drawing inside the bar in the upper left corner. Then I finished cutting what remained- the bar top, the figures on either side of it, the bar stools, the bottles behind the bar, and some neon beer signs above them. Then I moved outside the bar, cutting out the crab on the outer wall, and then cutting the pig statue. That corner is now complete. I cut a little bit more of the ice cream machines in the shop next door, then called it a day. Results of today's work is below. I'll continue with the ice cream stand next time.



2 Comments:

Blogger Lasky said...

Nice to see "Wacky" in there! This print is shaping up nicely!

9:32 PM  
Blogger arrabbiata said...

This is actually Wacky's second appearance in woodcut form. His first was the woodcut introduction page I did for the Adamo issue of Boom Boom. This may be his first time in color in any format.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home